Important! Before updating a theme make sure you backup your old theme folder and database. If you are not familiar how to do this please contact your webhosting provider. It is the best practice to backup both your files and database regularly and especially before making some serious updates.
Update using the WordPress uploader
- Find the theme and download "Installable WordPress file" on the ThemeForest
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard and got to Appearance > Themes
- Activate a different theme
- Delete the previous version
- Re-upload the recently downloaded "Installable WordPress file"
- Once it uploaded, activate the theme
- Update the plugins if you see a notification message
Update using FTP client
- Download "Installable WordPress file" on the ThemeForest
- Unzip files somewhere locally on your computer. You should have the folder with file "style.css" in it.
- Connect to your server using the desktop client software (like FileZilla)
- Go to /wp-content/themes/
- Remove the existing folder with old theme files
- Upload unzipped folder to themes directory
- Update the plugins if you see a notification message in your WordPress Dashboard
Problems with theme update? Please check our troubleshooting section first!