Theme and Plugins installation
- Installable WordPress file - installable .zip archive contains only a theme files.
- Full Theme Package - A full package, including: theme files, bundled plugins, demo files, PSD files, child theme, etc.
Step 1. Downloading
Before installing the theme you need to download installable files. On ThemeForest go to your Profile > Downloads. Then find theme in the list and download "Installable WordPress file only" to get only a theme. Alternatively you can download "All files & documentation" if you need all package, including the demo, documentation, etc. Download button is shown on screenshot below.
Step 2. Check web hosting specs
Please make sure your server complies with the requirements below:
- WordPress 4.6.1 or higher
- PHP 5.4 or higher.
To safeguard your website always use secure passwords and the latest version of WordPress and plugins.
WordPress needs resources to work properly and these resources are allocated based on the server configuration. The recommended values are:
memory_limit 256MB max_execution_time 180 max_input_time 60 file_uploads On max_file_uploads 20 post_max_size 32MB upload_max_filesize 32MB
Setting these values will ensure you won't get an error reporting that your upload and post memory limit is too low. Also this is required for importing process.
If you are running shared web hosting, you should contact your web hosting service provider to find more information about that. If you are running a dedicated server or VPS, you should check your php.ini file.
Also do not forget to add these values to your wp-config.php
This will allow WordPress to consume more resources.
More information on the subject here https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php
We recommend following hosting providers:
Step 3. Install Theme
For more information about using themes visit the WordPress Codex.
Install via the WordPress:
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels
- Select the Appearance, then Themes
- Click Add New
- Click Upload Theme
- Choose the Installable WordPress file archive and press "Install Now"
- After installing a theme, roll over the theme thumbnail and click the Activate button.
Install via the FTP:
- Unzip the installable archive and use the extracted theme folder
- Log into your web server with FTP client software
- Upload the extracted theme folder into /wp-content/themes folder
- Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate it.
Problems with theme installation? See Troubleshooting
Step 4. Install Plugins
By default theme is only a skin for a blog. But if you want even more elements, be able to customize theme and build pages with flexible page builder you have to install plugins.
After the theme's activation you will be prompted to install plugins. All these plugins are bundled with the theme or optionally can be installed from the WordPress.org repository. The theme can function without any of these plugins. But if you want to get most of our theme you should install the required plugins.
Our theme requires plugins:
- StartApp Core: extends theme with additional elements and post types.
- Visual Composer: provided an interface for visual page building. In theory should facilitate the process.
- Equip: our brand tool for building settings. Without this plugin you won't be able to customize theme.
To install plugins just click the "Begin installing plugins" link. Then check all plugins or just required, select Install in the dropdown menu and press "Apply" button.